frm

Up From The Tombs It Comes [OSDM]

Just picked up my copy of the Utopia Banished remaster and I cannot stop listening to this track.

2 Likes

It’s a monster of a track.

So is this, I’ve been on a real Autopsy kick lately and this stands out. Just a short little jam and it is perfection.

The fucking drums! The sound of that snare is amazing.

1 Like
1 Like

An excellent cut, which also doubles as a springboard for my favorite subject: bands that clearly had the chops to rule the roost but instead decided to veer off a fucking cliff. How do you start here and end up with uh, almost everything they recorded subsequent to this? Absolute lunacy.

See also: Entombed.

1 Like

Abso-fucking-lutely. The first track off of Left Hand Path is canonically the best death metal song of all time. I refrained from posting it because I want the thread to get somewhere instead of dying immediately.

You mean that you didn’t want to be WRONG.

1 Like

hank

2 Likes

How broad a church are we talking here? Can we do, like Dark Tranquillity and shit like that? That’s pretty old school too.

1 Like

I mean, sure. No ballads.

:cheers:

This is the age of the horned aquarius, everything goes.

In which case…

This has to be one of the most efficient songs ever produced. 3 minutes and not an ounce of fat. And it is memorable as fuck.

1 Like

If it’s efficiency, mid-era Cannibal Corpse gives everything else a run for its money. 2 minutes. The vocal delivery in this is ridiculous.

1 Like

This Dark Tranquility is better than I remember them being. My wife was right all along…

1 Like

Oh yeah, they’ve done a lot of good work over the years. Damage Done is an excellent album. I should like The Gallery more, but here we are.

That Cannibal Corpse song is truly ridiculous.

One of the best and longest intro screams in old school death metal. What an album.

1 Like

:seriouscat:

2 Likes

An all-time classic:

1 Like