frm

Things That Send You Into A Blind Rage (or at least kind of annoy you)

This motherfucker needs to die

1 Like

Simms said. “That’s pure anger to stomp a little old parakeet like that.”

Yeah, animal cruelty stuff is vile.

1 Like

Climate Change, and all the things people do to encourage it. I don’t judge people for driving a car, but people who make their life’s work to fight action on climate change need to get in the sea.

1 Like

Chester, I’m not sure this is going to be a healthy thread for someone currently undergoing treatment for mental health.

You let my team of doctors worry about that.

• JJ O’Malley

Hedge fund / private equity gutting & flipping.

5 Likes

Was the buyout leveraged by a board takeover?

This commercial always upsets me a little.

not having to maneuver around the samplers had been such a treat, but i guess you have to take the good with the bad as the world springs back to life

3 Likes

I’m blocking the entire aisle, just waiting for more to be ready. Having just one? Not a chance pal.

1 Like

fun fact: the people giving out samples are instructed not to limit your sample consumption. the other customers however are entitled to place a 9mm at the base of your skull and squeeze the trigger

3 Likes

Right after you take a nice hot shower, come out sparkling clean, feel good, momentarily, and then all of a sudden you have to take a shit. Pisses me off to no end.
I’ve said before the human digestive process makes me question the existence of a god more than even cancerous children.
I could accept suffering kids as a test of faith but crude, uncouth, odorous shit is just inartful and nasty.

1 Like

What if it’s a diamond-hard no-wiper?

1 Like
1 Like

Sports fans

Of course those incidents can’t help but remind us of this notorious scandal when a Philadelphia area physician gave Russell Westbrook the double bird for allegedly making fun of his weight.

TLDR: Dipshit energy company founder hires Ponzi-scheme worker son in law to be CEO of dipshit energy company, son-in-law hires Ponzi-scheme running colleague, they lie about asset values, swindle investors, and the whole thing is signed off by KPMG.

At issue in the lawsuit, filed in 2016, is a $4.55 million purchase by Miller Energy in 2009 for land and offshore oil assets in Alaska which included existing oil production infrastructure. Miller Energy then claimed those same assets were worth approximately half a billion dollars, a claim which would require approval by third-party auditors.
But according to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), the property and old oil infrastructure in Alaska was worth only a fraction of those claims; inflating its value beyond its worth amounted to fraud, according to the SEC.

The onshore and offshore Alaskan oil assets purchased by Miller Energy had been abandoned by the previous owner because the asset retirement obligations (AROs) — the amount of money required to properly decommission the existing assets — were likely greater than the value of the remaining oil in the ground. The property was essentially worthless once the cost of the AROs was considered. But Miller Energy then told the SEC in 2010 that property was worth half a billion dollars and KPMG signed off on that estimate for several years, starting in 2011.

According to SEC documents, KPMG was retained as Miller Energy’s independent auditor on February 1, 2011. Two months later, on April 13, executives for the oil exploration firm rang the opening bell on the stock market floor as the company was listed on the New York Stock Exchange. It was a big moment for a company with no history of profits and that had been trading as a penny stock before the Alaska purchase.

That day, Miller Energy CEO Scott Boruff gave an interview on the trading floor, mentioning his company’s “explosive growth” and its bright future prospects. Boruff was paid $7.6 million in 2011.… Boruff was joined that day by company founder Delroy Miller, who also happened to be his father-in-law

Boruff had no oil industry experience before being appointed in 2008 as CEO by his father-in-law. However, Boruff did have experience with companies involved in financial fraud, as lawyers for CMS noted.

According to CMS correspondence with the SEC, in a section titled “The Management is Incompetent,” Boruff had previously worked at the firm GunnAllen Financial, leaving in October 2006, and that “GunnAllen has since been closed by regulators [in 2010] and entered bankruptcy in the wake of investor lawsuits and allegations of a major Ponzi scheme involving Provident Asset Management.”

Provident was a good old-fashioned Ponzi scheme, promising investors eye-popping 18 percent returns from oil and gas royalties. In reality, however, the company paid those returns with money coming from new investors. The scam involved almost a half-billion dollars.

But Boruff, who worked as a broker at GunnAllen, was not charged in that Ponzi scheme. Instead of distancing himself from it, however, as the new head of Miller Energy, he hired Darren Gibson in 2009, who according to documents sent to the SEC, “was Provident’s former National Sales Director during the alleged Ponzi scheme.”

4 Likes

People who still do the “Bah-stun” accent thing and think it’s clever or witty. Its old. It’s done. I’m sick of the Sam Adam’s commercial with the guy who is supposed to sound like Matt Damon.

1 Like