frm

The Expanded Fleetwood Mac Universe

1 Like

How have I never seen this before?

1 Like
2 Likes

Finally discovering the wonders of Tusk. Buckingham is just on another level here, and those fuckin’ drums!!!:

3 Likes

God I love Tusk. Buckingham was a mad genius on that one.

and the obvious (I’m sure you’re familiar with the title track, but the video is worth watching):

1 Like

It’s their masterpiece. As you said, nothing on Tusk can beat “Go Your Own Way” but as a whole Tusk is a massive achievement. They stood on top of the mountain.

1 Like

Listen to the goddamn guitar tone

1 Like

This is superb but I don’t like that she changes the lyric from “Don’t say that she’s pretty” to “Did you say that she’s pretty?” - the former is so much more pathetic and affecting. :luigi:

2 Likes

Insanely revealing and fascinating.

1 Like
3 Likes

That guy gets it

This is a monster cover. I had no idea this existed until say, 30 minutes ago and I am officially obssessed.

2 Likes
1 Like

So much of the latter three albums are not good, but this stands out

1 Like

:horgh2:

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This is the most amazing remix, and it still holds up just as well as it did the first time I heard it.

The part that starts at roughly 5:20 onwards is the most perfect union between man and tone.

1 Like

She says she has been “brokenhearted” since the death of [Ruth Bader] Ginsburg. Nicks believes that people like Ginsburg go to heaven, where they continue to look down on us. After the death of her mother in 2012, Nicks started to believe that the dead send signs to the living. Five months after her mom passed, Nicks contracted a head infection. Her doctor instructed her to drink electrolytes, so she began “pounding” Diet Gatorade. Before long, she was also suffering from acid reflux.

“It was burning up my chest and my throat,” she says. “And all of a sudden, I felt this little tap on my shoulder and heard my mom go: ‘It’s the Gatorade.’”

There have been countless other moments like this since. If she can’t find something — an errant earring, a pack of matches, a book of poetry — she voices the item aloud and her mom helps her find it.

“It’s so real and creepy, and I always just go ‘Thank you, Barbara.’ I sometimes feel I have more of a relationship with my mom since she’s been dead than I did before she died.”

1 Like