frm

The Blue Boyster Cult [Cults]

4 Likes

That’s near where I live! I drive by the place any time I need to go anywhere. Never seen anyone going in or out, never seen anyone on the golf course. So creepy to know what goes on there and you just drive by it like it’s any other collection of buildings.

At 9:50 you see the Hole, where Scientology executives who fall out of favor with David Miscavige are housed in substandard conditions and forced to do manual labor all day. The titular President of Scientology (Heber Jentzsch) has been confined there since 2005. He’s 85 now.

7 Likes

:horgh:

The Wiki article has some fun things in it:

According to emails said to have come from Miscavige’s “Communicator” – the personal assistant responsible for passing on transcribed messages from the leader – he routinely berated subordinates with terms such as “CSMF” (meaning “Cock-sucking motherfucker”)[14] and “YSCOHB” (meaning “You suck cock on Hollywood Boulevard”).[15]

Sounds bad, but can we really believe Jesus didn’t treat the Apostles much the same way?

5 Likes

Only David Miscavige gets to enjoy the massive amounts of money brought in by Scientology. The rest of the top management live like four to a room in converted hotels and get $35 a week spending money, which they all use to buy cigarettes (L. Ron Hubbard smoked several packs of Kools every day, so all the top execs do too). Also Miscavige doesn’t really create any new material that would allow him to cultivate a Svengali, genius-like persona, or have any charisma, so he keeps people in line mostly by punching them in the face and screaming at them, which is funny because he’s like 5’5”.

The Scientology materials still have plenty of effective coercive techniques lodged within them through strict repetitive conditioning, milleu control methods, and bringing on trance states brought via their auditing therapy routines, but most of the course materials, books and lectures were written by L. Ron in the 1950s and early 1960s in a silly conversational tone that’s incredibly dated and goofy. “Now gee shucks! This is factual, remember this. The biggest, meanest engrams really have ‘dug in’ to that whopper of a reactive mind, with somatics and the ‘papa’ valence, and the whole rest of the nasty bunch, but golly, that was ‘B.D.,’ before Dianetics!”

I could talk about cults all day long.

13 Likes

Who is the goose protesting?

Myanmar general.

1 Like

All monies to the Patreon for Barry’s cult podcast!

5 Likes

I’d def pay for that.

I got obsessed with Scientology when I moved to L.A. It’s surreal to see a sinister cult operating in the middle of the city. I’m revisiting some classic YouTube vids from the days of Anonymous. This is mesmerizing to watch:

6 Likes

we all know about jack parson’s occult preoccupations. Come on.

News to me, mac! If I come across any more occult/aerospace intersections I’ll dump it here.

Anyone who hasn’t listened to Behind the Bastard’s three-part episode for L Ron Hubbard really has to:

Absolute son of a bitch, but holy shit what a life.

6 Likes

In an 80s court case a bunch of pre-Scientology Hubbard writings, where he was trying to use autosuggestion to hypnotize himself into certain behaviors, became public. They’re pretty fun:

You have no fear of what any woman may think of your bed conduct. You know you are a master. You know they will be thrilled. You can come many times without weariness.

The act does not reduce your vitality or brain power at all. You can come several times and still write. Intercourse does not hurt your chest or make you sore. Your arms are strong and do not ache in the act. Your own pleasure is not dependent on the woman’s. You are interested only in your own sexual pleasure. If she gets any that is all right but not vital. Many women are not capable of pleasure in sex and anything adverse they say or do has no effect whatever upon your pleasure. Their bodies thrill you. If they repel you, it merely means they themselves are too frigid or prudish to be bothered with. They are unimportant in bed except as they thrill you. Your sexual power is magnificent and they know it. If they are afraid of it, that is their loss. You are not affected by it.

You have no fear if they conceive. What if they do? You do not care. Pour it into them and let fate decide.

The slipperier they are the more you enjoy it because it means their mucous is running madly with pleasure.

8 Likes

:horgh: to sexy mucous.

To much viscosity

2 Likes

« Going full blast towards eternity » should be a rank.

2 Likes

Whole album is full of bangers, tho (check description for personnel):

2 Likes