frm

Take a Hike, Buddy

I don’t think we have a Great Outdoors thread in the new house.

The last time I got out was October, because of babby and pandemic. I’m going to pay for this tomorrow, as it was about 20km total. Nobody out in any of the less beaten tracks, literally nobody until I came towards the end at a popular tourist area. Only problem was a lot of the smaller tracks I tend to go to were completely overgrown, and lost my footing quite a bit. No injuries, thankfully. Green as fuck.

10 Likes

Been taking near daily quarantine walks, grateful to have found as much green space and good places to walk in the city as I have, had plenty of weeks where I get over 100 km of walks in.

2 Likes

Almost too beautiful.

All it needs is a poorly framed photo of a road sign and the Normaning would be complete.

In an effort to finally make Antoine proud (or marginally less disgusted), we left our town, took a train out to the Harz mountains and did a day hike with some friends over the Brocken. It’s the tallest mountain in Northern Germany, which is to say that it is a large hill. We walked through some nice peat moors and pine forest. Unfortunately much of the pine forest has been killed by those cunty beetles that have been wiping out pines across parts of Europe. Nevertheless, it was our first hike since Peru last year and it felt energising to get out in the fresh air and trees. 23 km (14 miles) up and down the mountain over about 10 hours.

5 Likes

Top of the Wilson Mountain trail Sedona. Trailpostin’

11 Likes

This bridge off in the distance is where i started!!

8 Likes

What bridge?
Can someone take me to the bridge?
Where’s that confounded bridge?

Mount Barry.

Yes please.

Sitting on the cock of a gay :musical_note: waasting tiiime

2 Likes

Right at the center of the picture. If you zoom in, it’s easier to see.

Other trails

4 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes