frm

Oscars 2020

No Uncut Gems. Frm wept.

• Antonio Banderas - Pain and Glory
  • Bong Joon Ho - Parasite

:jimmy:

Also, Tom Hanks for Best Supporting Actor? :confused:

LMAO

Joker will go into this year’s Oscars with the most nominations after receiving 11 nods, including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Actor for Joaquin Phoenix, who starred as the comic book villain. Joker narrowly edged out three other movies, which each got 10 nominations: The Irishman , 1917, and Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood, which were all also nominated for Best Picture. The others in line for the top prize are Ford vs. Ferrari, Jojo Rabbit, Little Women, Marriage Story, and Parasite. Phoenix will battle it out for Best Actor against Antonia Banderas for his role in Pain and Glory, Leonardo DiCaprio for Once Upon a Time, Adam Driver for Marriage Story, and Jonathan Pryce for The Two Popes. The leading actress prize will go to one of Cynthia Erivo for her turn in Harriet , Scarlett Johansson for Marriage Story , Saoirse Ronan for Little Women , Charlize Theron for Bombshell , and Renee Zellweger for Judy . Unusually, Johansson is also up for a second major acting category Oscar: Best Supporting Actress for Jojo Rabbit .

Were there only about eight films released last year? Why do they do this?

really lame

Just saw Uncut Gems this morning. No nominations for it is an embarrassment (to the Academy).

The only film I haven’t seen in the best picture list is little women, I’ll get that rectified soon with my AMC stubs pass!

They also snubbed The Farewell

My personal ranking of the best picture nominees

1. Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood
    *I understand why the Bruce Lee segments are there for the story, but I’ve seen little historical justification for why he would’ve acted the way he acted in this movie and it’s gonna hurt it on twitter forever. *
  2. Parasite
  3. The Irishman
    *Saw it in a Broadway theater for 16 bucks with the whitest audience I’ve seen a movie with *
  4. Ford v Ferrari
    Racing sequences were great in IMAX, uh, the actual movie kinda sucked around it
  5. Little Women
    best adaptation of the story I’ve seen yet
  1. Marriage Story
    Was a tense watch with the girlfriend after an argument
  2. Joker
    I’m the Joker baby
  3. 1917
    some solid sequences but overall just a hacky contrived war movie, I’m surprised it’s up here
  4. Jojo Rabbit

Historical justification? God, you’re dumb

1 Like

Tarantino says the behavior was accurate because of a book he read, but that book didn’t say anything like that.

They actually transferred over documentary footage of bruce lee for those parts and used advanced digital blending techniques to make it look seamless. That was actually bruce lee acting that way in real life actually.

Eh, wrong thread.

With Parasite’s nominations I figured I’d put this here:

1 Like

Should be going to see Parasite next week. Suitably hyped.