frm

Music thoughts and random stuff

A short documentary on Berlin’s Take my breath away and Giorgio Moroder:

A really nice conversational clip. She does some classical improv as well, which isn’t something you generally hear.

RIP Allee Willis.

1 Like
1 Like

RIP Andy Gill

2 Likes

Josh Pappe bit the dust as well last week. One of my all time faves.

I know it’s unlikely, since this is a pretty obscure New Zealand release, but I have this pet theory that Neutral Milk Hotel essentially cribbed their sound from Chris and this song in particular.
2 Likes

What’s up with Mr. Bungle going hard in the paint all of a sudden? This setlist slaps.

Siege and Seals & Croft next to a Slayer cover is big.

Deadass slaps.

1 Like

Is ‘slaps’ a thing now?

I’m afraid so, Michael.

This is fucking bullshit.

Or “this does not slap”, to use the parlance of our times.

What irks me is that I had to learn about it from a fucking Swede, of all people.

Andrew Weatherall passed away on Monday. One of our oldest friends had been his friend and agent for the last fifteen years, so it’s a pretty shit time for them at the moment. I went out to dinner with him a few years ago. A true music man, as happy talking about folk music and krautrock as he was about Acid House and Techno. Sad times.

It been had a thing

1 Like

I just stumbled across this while looking up songs to play on bass and I honestly don’t know what to think of it. It’s not bad enough to be so bad it’s good, but it’s not really bad either. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGII-RKBbeI

I want to see FNM but I don’t want to see them share the stage at Pepsi Center with Korn.