frm

More Dragonshit

6 Likes

I am drained. GoT dragged on for way too long. I don’t think there is anything left to tell about that universe. The novelty of killing off protagonist has now worn off. Also it seems like the golden years of seeing tits on HBO are over.

2 Likes

:scruffy: This is TV for people who get excited about Avatar sequels.

not interested!

5 Likes

:horgh:

Imagine being waterboarded for 2D’s “”“artistic vision”"".

3 Likes

For one of the shittiest storylines of a show full of shitty storylines.

Shame.

Described as “the king’s first-born child, she is of pure Valyrian blood, and she is a dragonrider. Many would say that Rhaenyra was born with everything… but she was not born a man.”

2 Likes

:horgh:

Who’s writing this stuff? I assume George RR Martin is still too busy arguing about the NFL on internet message boards.

Are there still people waiting for the last book(s)?

I assume so and also that they’ll be a bit different to the shitshow finale of the TV series, if only because there are a load more characters in the books.

Can’t wait to see his contribution to Elden Ring, anyway. The description of items is going to be so well written.

2 Likes

I guess it’s nominally based on Fire & Blood Vol. 1, which I still haven’t got around to reading. However, I believe they (the show writers) will be fleshing things out quite a bit, because Fire & Blood is written more like a history text in many places. I just leafed through it before making this post, and while there are some lines of dialogue in places, it’s not in the same style as the main books, so the adaptation has quite a bit more work to do in order to fill things in.

Also, I believe we’re coming up on (or have perhaps already passed) the 10 year anniversary of the release of the last main series book, and there is still no announcement of the release date for the next one. Even the fan boards (the ASOIAF subreddit is the main one I look at) have mostly lost faith from what I can tell.

1 Like

Looking forward to the inevitable crash and burn in poorly-rendered dragonflame.

When things do not get blown up real good.

2 Likes

:sadandre:

I’m hoping for at least a live action version of this

3 Likes