frm

Look Who Got MeToo'd Too

I didn’t realize that Chris Matthews’ retirement was MeToo related.

Some of Matthews’s behavior has already been well-documented. Like Bloomberg, who frequently remarked “nice tits” and “I’d do her” at the office, Matthews has a pattern of making comments about women’s appearances in demeaning ways. The number of on-air incidents is long, exhausting, and creepy, including commenting to Erin Burnett, for example, “You’re a knockout…it’s all right getting bad news from you,” while telling her to move closer to the camera. Behind the scenes, one of Matthews’s former producers told The Daily Caller in 2017 that he allegedly rated his female guests on a numerical scale and would name a “hottest of the week,” like a “teenage boy.” In 1999, an assistant producer accused Matthews of sexual harassment, which CNBC, the show’s network at the time, investigated. They concluded that the comments were “inappropriate,” and Matthews received a “stern reprimand,” according to an MSNBC spokesperson.

This tendency to objectify women in his orbit has bled into his treatment of female politicians and candidates. He has repeatedly lusted over women in politics on air, including remarking in 2011 that there’s “something electric” and “very attractive” about the way former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin walks and moves, and noting in 2017 that acting attorney general Sally Yates is “attractive, obviously.” But he has reserved a particular contempt for the woman who made it closest to ascending the heights of American political power—Hillary Clinton—calling her “witchy,” “anti-male,” and “She-Devil.” The Cut obtained footage of him joking in early 2016, just before a live interview with then candidate Clinton, “where’s that Bill Cosby pill,” referring to the date-rape drug. In 2005, he openly wondered whether the troops would “take the orders” from a female president; after another interview, he pinched Clinton’s cheek; and in another, he suggested that she had only had so much political success because her husband had “messed around.” This evening anchor, in addition to everything else, has repeatedly challenged whether women are legitimate politicians or could be president at all. “I was thinking how hard it is for a woman to take on a job that’s always been held by men,” he said of Clinton in 2006.

Oh no

This woman is getting dragged pretty badly

Sax sexually harassed me and I liked it

1 Like

how dare you invalidate the experiences of those who were harassed by Sax and didn’t like it (Bones, JPD, Wax, JollyChainsaw)

1 Like

He’s a happy warrior!

3 Likes

Laura Bassett, the GQ columnist who last month publicly accused MSNBC’s Chris Matthews of sexually harassing her in the makeup room before her appearance on his show Hardball, has fired back at comedian and Real Time host Bill Maher. “Hey @billmaher how’s this for fragile: Fuck you,” Bassett tweeted on Saturday morning. She included a link to The Daily Beast’s write-up of Maher’s commentary about her during Friday night’s show.

“You know, I just, guys are married for a million years, they want to flirt for two seconds,” Maher said on his show. “He said to somebody, Laura Bassett, four years ago, she’s in makeup, he said, ‘Why haven’t I fallen in love with you yet?’ Yes, it is creepy. She said, ‘I was afraid to name him at the time out of fear of retaliation. I’m not afraid anymore.’ Thank you, Rosa Parks. I mean, Jesus fucking Christ! I guess my question is: Do you wonder how Democrats lose?” One of his roundtable guests, The Atlantic’ s #MeToo critic Caitlin Flanagan, added: “How fragile can one woman be?”

“People are really outraged that a rich as hell 74-yr-old man had to retire after being called out for 20 years of objectifying women in the workplace?” Bassett asked in a follow-up tweet. “This is not about me, and if your inclination is to attack me, consider putting that energy into therapy or anger management.”

She’s Fragile. But she’s not that fragile.

Weinstein got 23 years.

And heart surgery!

I hope they nail him in California, too.

while calling himself the “raping blob”

The Revolting Blob but he’s a sex criminal

New cumtown thing?

Raping Blob is how Adam Savage allegedly refered to himself.

Revolting Blob is the wrestler name of the character that Wayne Knight/Newman plays in Billy Madison.

The “but he’s” formulation is a Cum Town thing.

That isn’t fucking Newman you piece of shit.

7 Likes

Goddamnit.

:horgh: didn’t expect the raping blob to claim another victim in this very thread

7 Likes