frm

I awoke in a sweat, from the American Dream [Crust]

At the risk of saturating this subforum, I want to have a thread for the filthy, metal brother of punk - crust. Badger is responsible, along with Panopticon, for getting me into a lot of crust in the last few years, thereby further damaging my ability to live a normal life. But as a long-time fan of metal and casual fan of punk, I find that crust hits various sweet spots. From the emotional angst of Spanish neo-crust, to Swedish D-beat, to the postapocalyptic metallic scream of late 80s English crust like Amebix and Axegrinder - post it all here.

Starting with a phenomenal call-back to that old English scene here from a modern Swedish band:

1 Like

Non-negotiable:

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

I see Warcollapse as basically Motorhead on even more amphetamines than regular Motorhead. This shit rules. Riffs that cannot be fucked with.

1 Like

Wait… That other thread isn’t the crust thread?

What thread?

Mammoth bongs?

This is crust, that is stoner doom. Both are enjoyed by fanbases are unwashed and intoxicated.

:inneresting:

There is overlap in the Venn diagram of doom and crust, and that overlap is called sludge.

1 Like

Pretty sure I poasted these guise on an older iteration of the forum but maybe not. I has very drunk memory. If this shit had come out of Norway in the early 2000s, instead of hippieville Portland, they would’ve been mistaken for a perfect black metal/crustpunk hybrid and probably blown up. The vocals are awesome. Badge, listen to this:

1 Like

I love Blood Spit Nights! Extremely underrated, like you say. They got overshadowed by the neocrust wave that came out of there at the same time. The incredible and unfuckwithable Axiom suffered a similar fate.

1 Like

the guitar noodling and subsequent scream that begins at 01:00 is the very essence of 90’s crust.

3 Likes

Fuck I love Tragedy.

:scruffy:
They really tug my bird on a bunch of levels

1 Like
2 Likes

Seen them live twice, first on the Vengeance tour and the other time like a year ago. Absolutely monumental both times. The first one feels more epoch defining, but then again I was 17 or something like that so hey. But the last time was something else - they just got up on stage quietly then did all the hits and three new bits then walked off the stage.

2 Likes