frm

Euro "2020" : Niels Points

May as well have a dedicated thread to this.

Squads should all be in today

Predictions:

France to win it.

Semis: France, Germany, Belgium, Italy

Quarters: ^ + Turkey, Netherlands, Portugal, England (out on penalties).

I have given this about 3 minutes of thought and will probably be hilariously wrong.

Provisional squads, for cowardly coaches. It doesn’t have to be the final cut 26 man squad until next week.

There’s some absolute mediocrity in there. :arnold:

There’s enough for a solid if perfunctory 11 plus some half decent on their day, replacements. Croatia, as ever are ready to pull our pants down. Nobody would be surprised to see them beat us again. As long as we bring our A game against Scotland.

There’s not really a stand out team from anyone so if I have to pick an overall winner I’d go with Belgium.

The build up to this tournament is non existent. Nobody is excited.

1 Like

Mediocre teams can do well at the Euros.

:jimmy:

Yeah I’m thinking people are kind of distracted by other things. I totally forgot this was even happening. Usually there’s a PR blitz by the host country to promote tourism/visiting etc but obviously that’s not a thing this time.

:horgh: Hot on the heels of him saying he only went back to Spurs to get match fit. I’m shocked, appalled, please don’t spend another season pulling Levy’s pants down and only turning it on against the bottom club in the league, etc.

1 Like

He’s the Welsh Imbrahimovic

1 Like

England squad for Euro 2020

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Man Utd), Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Jordan Pickford (Everton)

Defenders: John Stones (Man City), Luke Shaw (Man Utd), Harry Maguire (Man Utd), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Kyle Walker (Man City), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Reece James (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid)

Midfielders: Mason Mount (Chelsea), Declan Rice (West Ham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds)

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Raheem Sterling (Man City), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Man City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)

“Four rights backs and one World Cup,” etc.

1 Like

3.6 Rightbacks. Not great. Not terrible.

1 Like

Issue sorted.

1 Like

:horgh: Well worth all the dummy-spitting from Liverpool fans, it turned out.

Better he gets injured now and sits out the Euros and recovers in time for the season. Not like England has a problem at RB anyway.

Just give it to Lingard. He’ll bring the pool noodles and inflatables. He’s this England teams Gazza*.

*Minus the mercurial talent, the drinking , gambling , or the possibility that one day he might drive to Northumberland to talk a spree killing maniac to hand himself in.

1 Like

wait, what?

Which bit?

The bit about the spree killer (the rest was kind of par for the course for Gazza)