frm

D U N E

Time for an official Dune thread.

From the comments:

I once dated a Dune guy, he was super tall and drove a chevy aveo, very knowledgable about the whole Dune thing, and he had two katanas that he drove around with.

Which forumite was this?

7 Likes

It was Sax

3 Likes

8 Likes

very knowledgable about the whole dune thing

Many people are saying the spice must flow, you hear it more and more

3 Likes

11 Likes

:horgh: / :hergh:

2 Likes

I just finished the book and went on to check out the trailer, seems like Bautista is kind of a big casting for a really small part (Glossu Rabban).

Also, sorry but you botched the obvious thread title:

I’m in the midst of Children of Dune in my re-read and after encountering this passage, I think an even better thread title would have been Marius: Full to Bursting: The Next Generation:

The pressure of his multi-memories exploded the time-frozen englobement which he had tried to resist. He felt twining bodies, the sounds of sex, rhythms laced in every sensory impression: lips, breathing, moist breaths, tongues. Somewhere in his vision there were helix shapes, coal-colored, and he felt the beat of those shapes as they turned within him. A voice pleaded in his skull: ‘Please, please, please, please …’ There was an adult beefswelling in his loins and he felt his mouth open, holding, clinging to the girdershape of ecstasy. Then a sigh, a lingering groundswelling sweetness, a collapse.

Beefswelling LOL.

9 Likes

:horgh:

Beef Swellington.

6 Likes

Kind of sad that guy died a virgin.

I’m pretty damn hype. I won some movie tickets in a raffle at work, so I might even see it in theatres.

2 Likes

1 Like

I thought it was coming out in September…?
Also, what was the frm consensus on Blade Runner 90210?

Good, but no need to revisit it. That’s my consensus anyway.

I loved it.

2 Likes

Forget the 20 wasted years in Afghanistan. Here is the real sign of America’s loss of esteem in the eyes of the world.

3 Likes

:shockedcat: :rage2: Time to invade Europe

2 Likes