frm

Carelords

Appeals Court Rules Paul Haggis Must Face ‘Hate-Crime’ Claim in Rape Suit

Academy Award-winning director Paul Haggis must face his rape accuser’s claim that he committed a gender-motivated hate crime under the Victims of Gender-Motivated Violence Protection Law, a New York appeals court has ruled. The decision is a precedent-setting victory for accuser and publicist Haleigh Breest. She has alleged that Haggis raped her in his Manhattan apartment in January 2013 after the premiere of the movie Side Effects and that the assault was an act of gender-motivated violence. New York appellate judge Peter Moulton wrote in Thursday’s decision that “rape and sexual assault are, by definition, actions taken against the victim without the victim’s consent.” Moultin continued: “Without consent, sexual acts such as those alleged in the complaint are a violation of the victim’s bodily autonomy and an expression of the perpetrator’s contempt for that autonomy. Coerced sexual activity is dehumanizing and fear-inducing. Malice or ill will based on gender is apparent from the alleged commission of the act itself. Animus inheres where consent is absent.”

Will Bonsall is a homesteader and 45-year vegan living in rural Maine with a message for Americans – your vegetables are “very un-vegan”.

Bonsall is an influential member of a small but growing group of vegan and organic – “veganic” – farmers, who want to revolutionize organic agriculture, which traditionally depends on animals byproducts such as cow manure.

Marvel to get first transgender superhero

The Marvel movie universe is set to get its first transgender superhero. Marvel Studios boss Kevin Fiege said the transgender character, who has not been named, features “in a movie that we’re shooting right now,” during a Q&A at the New York Film Academy. There have been multiple reports that the films following the Avengers Infinity saga would star a trans character. Marvel has also said it will introduce its first deaf superhero in The Eternals and its first Asian-American superhero, in Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings . Fiege has previously said: “You look at the success of Captain Marvel and Black Panther . We want the movies to reflect the audience and we want every member of our global audience to see themselves reflected on the screen.”

(almost) All the teachers are white! https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/local/education/teacher-diversity/

(almost) All the students (at one school) are white!

This explains everything.

I’m definitely gonna watch a one hour and 40 minute long video that spyder posted

It’s actually good. :seriouscat:

Anyone who disagrees is transphobic.

Barry, tell me about your pup.

:scruffy:

I don’t know if that’s a man or a woman but it was still hot when it talked about its pussy.

Nice to see Carlo finally happy, isn’t it?

2 Likes

I was dragged to Frozen 2 because my kid has girl cousins.

I thought Frozen 2 had serious white savior problems and a lot of sami people should be pissed off. Have I become a carelord?

Yes.

Also I want at least 10 Olympic gold medals in women’s events to be won by trans athletes this year.

I know this might sound controversial and Nazi in this stupid day and age, but I think trans women should arrange their own events instead of crashing women’s sports and calling it a triumph for human rights whenever a person who went through puberty as a man wins a gold medal by almost killing women in Aussie rules boxing or whatever. Yeah, I’m technically Hitler.

I think we should just ignore them (like we do with the TERFs) and corral them to places like ResetEra and Something Awful.

I fully agree that trans women should be excluded from womens sports.