frm

Balls Of Steel and the Erotic Sounds of Bagpipes - A+ Covers Thread

Taking on the big hitters and winning.

Yeah, let’s sit in our living room and give Liz Fraser a bash.

3 Likes

I think if I post Machine Head’s version of Message in a Bottle a third time I’ll get permabanned.

5 Likes

:horgh:

You have my sword.

1 Like

I had not heard it and it is somehow worse than expected.

1 Like

(Gorilla_Overlord has been banned)

1 Like

I quite like it. Better than the Excel version for sure.

1 Like

Apparently this song was written for Roy Orbison and his version was recorded in '87, but was only released posthumously in '92. Cyndi Lauper recorded her version in '89 and it blows Roy’s rendition out of the water as far as I’m concerned. This video is pretty fucking sick as well.

2 Likes

:jimmy:

Our first dance when we got married, was to Cyndi Lauper’s True Colors.

Speaking of which

4 Likes

I quite like this cover of New Order’s True Faith, which is a fucking fantastic song. Lotte Gives it a very different spin and it made me an instant fan of her stuff.

She has two albums of covers with various good stuff.

1 Like
6 Likes

that slaps

1 Like
1 Like

This is a monster of a track. I mean, the original is goddamn perfectly executed to begin with so being able to do anything with it is a small miracle. If this had been recorded in 1991 it would have ruled the Pure Moods airwaves. Settle in to the erotic sounds of bagpipes and that.

1 Like

One of my favourite clips/covers ever. Successfully turning up the camp on the Village People is a historic feat.

8 Likes
4 Likes

The bagpipe fucker has logged on.

2 Likes

Herr Doktor, I’m as serious as cancer when I say ba- never mind.

It bears repeating, but this might just be the ultimate cover song. Take a depressing, horrifying 1980’s ulcer/heroin number and turn it into something even worse. This song single-handedly made 90% of all “real depressive music, bro” redundant.

3 Likes

i love this one

2 Likes

99,9% of all covers of Leonard Cohen songs are pure pap but these guys got it right.

2 Likes